Ants in your home are never an appealing sight. These insects are recognized as the most infamous pests. They may enter your home for a variety of reasons, including shelter, food, moisture, etc. However, once they have invaded your home, they are difficult to eradicate.
Few kinds of ants transmit and cause disease. Therefore, it is essential to respond swiftly whenever you detect an infestation. In the early stages of an ant infestation, it is difficult to notice indications.
However, the presence of a few ants in your home does not signify an infestation. How can one determine whether an ant is out for a stroll or searching for food?
Well! No need to worry. This blog discusses the top six telltale Ant infestation Warning Signs and Symptoms.
Let’s get started!
Indications of an Ant Infestation
- Live Ants: A home has been infested by ants if the number of live ants found within is greater than average. A bigger number of ants indicates the presence of a larger colony or nest that has infiltrated your home in search of food and may soon invade your kitchen.
- Ants Parade: If you observe an ant trail marching through your home, you already have a problem. As ants march toward a food source, they leave pheromone trails in their wake. This can aid in tracking them down and locating their colony.
- Pile & Colony of Ants: Do you have ant colonies or heaps at home? If yes, your home is endangered. Ant colonies create huge piles of earth. Depending on the species, an ant colony may include hundreds to thousands of ants. Ants travel far for food, so the trek from the yard to the kitchen is easy. Ant mounds indicate an infestation.
- Food Infested by Ants: The simplest approach to determine if you have an ant infestation on your property is to examine any leftover food. Since ants are constantly in search of food and will eat nearly anything, they will likely find and consume any leftovers or uncovered food in your kitchen. They can even consume food from your pet’s dishes. If there are numerous ants in your home, they will transport it to their colony and store it for a rainy day.
- Wood Shavings: Some species of ants, such as carpenter ants, feed on wood shavings. They tend to dig into wood structures, leaving behind wood shavings. When sweeping and cleaning your floors, carefully inspect the gathered material. The presence of sawdust or wood shavings indicates an infestation of carpenter ants. They have the ability to cause structural damage and spread infections.
Infestations of ants can occur at any time of year. As soon as ants get access to your property, they proliferate swiftly, and modest infestations quickly become unmanageable. Observing early symptoms is crucial. If you identify with any of the above symptoms and observe ants in your home, there are likely hundreds or thousands of unseen ants present as well.
Seek the assistance of professional pest control for ants to eliminate the problem and its source. Call a local Hobart ant control firm or our Franklin Pest at (219) 600-4910 for more information and help with All You Need To Know About Flying Ants.